Pin pushers

Steve Knickerbocker 512-356-3000 X6759 Steve.Knickerbocker at SEMATECH.Org
Thu Sep 21 04:09:48 GMT 1995

          Hello all,

          I've been lurking for the most part with little to say.  However,
          you all have finally broached a subject I can comment on.  If you
          need a tool to release the pins on a used weatherpak connector they
          are as close as any decent electronics parts store, maybe even
          Radio Shack.  We, in the trade, call them pin pushers.  What the
          official name is I haven't a clue.  Basically they are a cylinder
          that fits over the pin and releases the catch a rod then slides
          thru the cylinder to push the pin out.  I have dozens lying around
          at work.  If you buy new pins they generally come with a pin
          installer and pusher.  Take the connector with you so you can get
          the right size.

          Steve M Knickerbocker