injector sizing

Peter J Wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Fri Sep 29 20:04:56 GMT 1995

On Thu, 28 Sep 1995 mwc at lubrizol.com wrote>

> Before I add a hot cam, can I oversize my injectors without
> any negative effects?  I think stock is 19 lb/hr, and I'd like
> 25 - 30 lb/hr.  I would think that open-loop mode would run
> too rich; if I'm right, can it be adjusted on L-Jet?

Why bother? If you change them the computer will lean the fuelling out on
part throttle (closed loop) and you will be too rich on open loop so you
are going to lean it out mechanically. Leave it like it is and take
Bruces suggestion of an increase in fuel pressure. There is enough fuel
for approximately 15% more power than the stock engine can supply with
the stock injectors

Peter Wales
President Superchips