EEC-IV Questions

gtk110 at psu.edu gtk110 at psu.edu
Mon Apr 8 15:55:13 GMT 1996

>2)  Do Ford dealers have the capability to check an EEC-IV "on the bench"
>(out of the vehicle)?
>
>As stated above, I've tried to diagnose the vehicle using the internal
>diagnostics, but I get no reply.  The vehicle appears to be running in
>"limp home" mode, and the sensors I've checked look okay (It's pretty
>tight in an Escort's engine compartment)
>

> Corey Cole					colec at pr.erau.edu
]

Wow, for a guy who knows so much about mustang intakes and long rod engines
and I6 4.9's, you sure dont' know jack about the computers...
        In reply, yes a Ford dealer can check the EEC-IV out of the car with
a device known as a breaker box, and did you try checking the air meter( I
think these have one.. you did'nt mention the year).  These will implement
the limp home mode anytime.

Gannon

          "Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire...the wheels
           of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45...
           True death... 400 horsepower, maximum performance piercing the
           night...
           This is BLACK SUNSHINE!"