thermocouples and mixture.

Clinton L. Corbin : Backgrind/Gold : Pager 0544 CCORBIN at INTEL7.intel.com
Fri Apr 12 03:51:01 GMT 1996

>MY text book copy of McGraw Hill's _COMBUSTION ENGINE PROCESSES_
>was printed in 1967 and is pre ISBN.  It was written by Lester C.
>Lichty.
>
>I wish the chapter on combustion knock was available on line for
>everyone but I really don't want to type in the text myself.
>
>Does something as old as my copy go out of copyright?

Not until 2017.  That assumes they don't renew the copyright for another 25
years (this is also shot from the hip, but I THINK these numbers are correct).

>Can scanned pages from an old text be distributed legally?

Nope.  It is still copyrighted.  Remember that little line "can not be
reproduced by any means, mechanical or..., without the expressed permission
of..."?  That includes your scanner.  You have to get there permission first
if you want to be legal about it.

And congress just passed a new law making it illegal to use electrinic
equipment to illigally copy copyrighted matterial.  Sort of like passing
a law making it illegal to use a color printer to counterfit dollars.  That
diffinately falls into the "no shit" catagory.  But then, this IS congress
I am talking about!

Clint
ccorbin at intel7.intel.com