Outboard Motor Coils

Bruno! u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au
Mon Apr 15 08:47:47 GMT 1996

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Rob Skala wrote:

> By the way, the NGK SD-xx plugs used in the rotaries are fired by
> standard high energy igntion systems, not CDI systems, so they can be
> used in a normal engine provided you can find the right heat-range for
> your application. As an aside I once used one of these plugs in a 150cc
> McCulloch chainsaw and it ran really well.....much better than with the
> factory recommended plug !!!!

with what you've said in mind, i was told, from a friend of mine who used
to own a rotary, that these spark plugs are also priced proprtional to
the exponential of the wizardry these things are compared to normal
plugs. I was told about A$90 each. They'd better last a long time!!

Couldn't the same effect be achieved by cutting the tip of the spark plug
off a normal plug? It may sound excessive. I know it works at 1 bar, not
sure at comb. chamber pressures though.

		Bruno.  (u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au)

    "A sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know cos I
                    don't eat the filthy muthaf***a"