Ignition questions

Fred Miranda fcmefi at fishnet.net
Mon Apr 15 15:34:25 GMT 1996

Jim
If I remember correcty, primary flyback voltage is a reflection of secondary
induced voltage, so I would think that limiting primary flyback to 60v would
seriously limit potential spark voltage. Of course the best way to learn about
this would be to try what you have, see how it performs then try something
different.

As for the balasting, my original post wasn't to suggest you use it, only to
illistrate how something simple could work. Instead of the ballast, why not
measure coil charge time and then give it that + a little extra dwell time,
since
you are doing the whole thing from scratch anyway.

Fred