Closed loop operation...

Nietzsche is dead. -God hofmann at uhavax.hartford.edu
Tue Apr 16 12:26:19 GMT 1996

Right now, I'm running an open loop system (Haltech F3 - I know, it's an oldie)
and I was wondering if anyone out there would know how easy it would be to
convert this system to a closed loop system.

The original Haltech has an input for an O2 sensor, buit it is striuctly for
data logging purposes...  or so I've been told.  I was wondering if it is
possible to do, and if so, how?  If it isn't, then if I were to get a
microcontroller (Intel 80196, Motorola 68HC16, etc...)  Would I be able to
use the maps that have already been created from using the Haltech...

Speaking of closed loop operation, I'm having a difficult time uderstanding
exactly how it works...  is it still a lookup table with a correction factor
for the O2 sensor reading, or is it an autonomous system where just the
O2 sensor controls the whole thing?

Thanks!
				--Mark

Hofmann at uhavax.hartford.edu