fpga compilers

Brian C. Lane blane at aa.net
Tue Apr 16 14:54:08 GMT 1996

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996 23:18:39 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>I've seen free versions of MACH and Lattice isp series FPGA compilers,
>there's also some other free compilers I saw on a FPGA www site but none
>seemed to be for the big FPGAs. I
>don't know how the size of these FPGAs compares with big stuff from Altera
>or Xilinx. Also I saw an ad for Cypress VHDL compiler for $99.

  Cypress and Lattice have special $99 introductory packages. They include
their compiler and a couple of the smaller chips, and a serial programmer
for them. I don't have one yet, but have been looking at them for a bit
now.

  Check out their web pages for more information.

   Brian

------- <blane at aa.net> -------------------- <http://www.aa.net/~blane> -------
  Embedded Systems Programmer, EET Student, Interactive Fiction author (RSN!)
==============  11 99 3D DB 63 4D 0B 22  15 DC 5A 12 71 DE EE 36  ============