fpga compilers

Gary W Harris Gary_W_Harris at ccm.ch.intel.com
Wed Apr 17 20:12:46 GMT 1996

Text item:

There is also a public domain EPLD compiler available the Intel orginally wrote,
called PLD SHELL.  This division was sold to Altera corp, who I beleive still
supplies this software for the asking. (Altera--408-894-7000)  This is DOS based
software developed for the FLEXlogic family of devices, up to the EPX780 (80
macrocells).  You can actually do an amazing amount with this "few" cells, for
instance we have put a DRAM controller and ISA bus controller for the 386 into
one such device.  Anyway, you may want to check it out.

Gary Harris  gary_w_harris at ccm.ch.intel.com

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996 23:18:39 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>I've seen free versions of MACH and Lattice isp series FPGA compilers,
>there's also some other free compilers I saw on a FPGA www site but none
>seemed to be for the big FPGAs. I
>don't know how the size of these FPGAs compares with big stuff from Altera
>or Xilinx. Also I saw an ad for Cypress VHDL compiler for $99.

  Cypress and Lattice have special $99 introductory packages. They include
their compiler and a couple of the smaller chips, and a serial programmer
for them. I don't have one yet, but have been looking at them for a bit
now.

  Check out their web pages for more information.

   Brian

------- <blane at aa.net> -------------------- <http://www.aa.net/~blane> -------
  Embedded Systems Programmer, EET Student, Interactive Fiction author (RSN!)
==============  11 99 3D DB 63 4D 0B 22  15 DC 5A 12 71 DE EE 36  ============

Text item: External Message Header