Looking for MC3484 peak/hold injector drivers

Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) BZUBLIN at gi.com
Tue Apr 23 23:07:32 GMT 1996

>    Unfortunately, few companies have any left. I found one firm in CA
>that has the 2/0.5-amp versions, for $10.50 each with a 6-piece
>minimum. Another "hard-to-find" parts house has the 4/1-amp version for
>only $4.00 each, but has a $50 minimum order. The local Cherry rep says
>he can get them, but a 50 piece minimum!

On the EFI332 list there have been group purchases for various ICs.
 Reaching 50 pieces shouldn't be too hard, especially if there are some V8
applications out there.  And at 50 pieces or more, the price might even be
reasonable.  How much does Cherry want?

PS.  I still say use a power MOSFET (and an external ballast resistor if
using low resistance injectors).  Eliminates the dependance on these damn
custom ICs.

Bryan Zublin
bzublin at gi.com