Looking for MC3484 peak/hold injector drivers

Charles cmorris at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 23 21:55:30 GMT 1996

    Does anyone have a few MC3484 injector drivers (the S2 two-amp peak
version) they'd be willing to sell? Or is anyone interested in buying
some from me?

    This is a wonderful part that Motorola quit making recently due to
low volume sales. The 3484S2 gives a 2-amp peak and an 0.5-amp hold;
the 3484S4 is 4/1 amp. Cherry Semiconductor has the identical part (and
the data sheet language is word for word also), the CS-452 and CS-453 I
think they bought them from Motorola...

    Unfortunately, few companies have any left. I found one firm in CA
that has the 2/0.5-amp versions, for $10.50 each with a 6-piece
minimum. Another "hard-to-find" parts house has the 4/1-amp version for
only $4.00 each, but has a $50 minimum order. The local Cherry rep says
he can get them, but a 50 piece minimum!

If anyone wants to buy a few, I'll sell them at cost + postage.
Or, if anyone has three, will you sell them to me?
Thanks,
-Charles