Honda UEGO Sensor...

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Mon Apr 29 23:29:26 GMT 1996

At 02:40 PM 4/29/96 -0600, you wrote:

>This info is from SAE paper 920234 ( 1992) called univ a/f heated exh gas
>O2 sensor by T. Yamada from NGK:
>	1986 Honda sensor used in 16-18 a/f range- NGK sensor
>	Thus lean only

 I believe that the 1986 Honda Sensor is simply a current driven diffusion coated
 leanburn sensor ... like a carefully designed HEGO with a special diffusion coating,
 it is driven at a carefully selected voltage, with the current proportional to the
 AFR ...

 From EVERYTHING I can find on the current (1993 Civic VX) sensor it measures LEAN
 as well as rich mixtures... in fact, even the Mitchell diag manual shows the output
 curve which looks suspiciously like the printed/publushed NTK/NGK info...

 Jim