Honda UEGO Sensor...

Frank Parker fparker at umich.edu
Mon Apr 29 18:34:01 GMT 1996

> >Frank Parker
>
> Frank:
> Any chance of posting some of the info from that paper?
>
> BTW I heard a while back (maybe on this list) that the Honda UEGO was
> optimized for the lean range. After all, that is what they are using them for.
> Also I think Robert Dingly mentioned that NTK made 3 versions of the
> UEGO - rich, lean, and wide band.
>
> Based on this info I ordered a setup from NTK a month ago. (as I posted)

This info is from SAE paper 920234 ( 1992) called univ a/f heated exh gas
O2 sensor by T. Yamada from NGK:
	1986 Honda sensor used in 16-18 a/f range- NGK sensor
	Thus lean only

	UEGO, wide range sensor, same sensor as used in NGK/Horriba a/f
	meter. Japan Patent # 148849 dated 1987

	Cell consists of 3 substrates: O2 pumping cell, O2 galvanic cell,
	and O2 ref cavity. The pumping current is maintained by closed loop
	feedback . Output is proportional to O2 in exhaust on lean side, is
	equal to 0 volts @ 14.7 stio, and is proportional to amt O2 required
	for complete combustion of exhaust gas on rich side.
	Thus proportional to a/f ratio.

Frank Parker