Circuits for magnetic pickups

Donald Whisnant dewhisna at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 2 15:59:59 GMT 1996

For those of you who want to do the buffering with op-amps
instead of dedicated chips, I'd recommend setting up a differential
amp -- where you look at the "differential" of the pickup rather
than grounding one lead and single-ending it...  I don't have any
schematics on hand at the moment, but there are a number of very
nice differential amps off-the-shelf...  This provides the best
noise immunity...  Also, be sure to twist the wires from the sensor
together so that inductive coupling with other sources is minimized...
And caps (as integrators) make good filters...

Good luck...
Donald Whisnant
dewhisna at ix.netcom.com