hego

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Sun Aug 11 10:02:56 GMT 1996

> ------------------------------
>
> From: DJohn77284 at aol.com
> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 12:52:48 -0400
> Subject: HEGOs
>
> Can anyone offer advice in using a HEGO to set up carbs.

Well, I've done it with Bosch K-jetronic, and the principles are the
same.

 I know it's not EFI
> but while I try to develope my own EFI system it's all I've got.

I believe there's a efi factory system available for your application,
but it's british, and sucks.(Can you tell, I'm Irish?)

> At the moment I can achieve a brilliant setup at idle (using a CO meter) and
> snap throttle is also crisp, albeit with no load, but out on the road heavy
> applications of the throttle produces black exhaust like it's way too rich.
>
> I can't use my CO meter as the response is too slow so I was wondering about
> using a HEGO sensor stuffed up the tail pipe.

Hego sensors need to be HOT to work, and it won't be if stuffed up
the backside.

 Will using the O2 sensor in
> this position give accurate enough results (for carbs anyway) as all the
> applications I've seen have the sensor located somewhere around the manifold.

Mine is just a bung welded into the turbo discharge. You can pay $10-$20
for a manufactured bung, or find an axle nut off a metric vehicle
with the same thread as a FORD spark plug, grind it, weld it and wala!