Improving a Rover? HaHaHa

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Sun Aug 11 10:20:32 GMT 1996

> From: DJohn77284 at aol.com
> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 12:52:17 -0400
> Subject: My DIY EFI
>
> Just a quick note on my DIY EFI project.

> The end application at the moment is a Rover V8 which has no mods on it at
> all. The main aim of this project being to improve drivability and economy
> with hopefully a bit more power through more accurate setup.

That ought to be pretty damned easy, those things drive horrible. I could do
better with a carburetor.

> If anyone has any advice, comments or whatever, they will be gratefully
> appriciated.

While I haven't checked one out with revising the tune up in mind, just driving
one around seemed like it was programmed to never go any richer than stoichiometric
reguardless of anything.(90 Landrover defender) A real suck. I suspect that a factory
throttle body/intake/
injector system would work just fine if the control was reprogrammed, or scrapped
in place of one with a good hego that's programable.
   The approach your taking to efi seems good to me, but I don't claim to know enough to
make that worth considering.