hego

Edward C. Hernandez ehernan3 at ford.com
Mon Aug 12 16:19:34 GMT 1996

>Put one(HEGO) after a turbo or at the collector of a header
> and you will likely have problems at idle and low rpm light load >running.

I believe most factory turbo setups have the HEGO downstream of the
turbine. I've owned two cars like this(Chrysler 2.2 and Mitsu 2.0), and
they worked fine. Of course, BOTH of them had O2 sensor recalls that
consisted of merely replacing the sensors(as opposed to relocating
them). I still don't know why they were recalled, and I couldn't tell
any difference in closed loop performance after the change.

Anyone else seen factory setups with the HEGOs upstream of the turbine?

--
Ed Hernandez
Ford Motor Company
ehernan3 at ed8719.pto.ford.com