hego

Nass Jeff KOHLERNET/GENERATORS/NassJeff%Kohler_Co+p at mcimail.com
Mon Aug 12 18:08:24 GMT 1996

My '84 SVO was after the turbine.
REPLY FROM: Nass Jeff
   Date: 1996-08-12 12:13
   From: diy efi [MCI:diy efi \ EMS: INTERNET \ MBX:
diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu]
     CC: NassJeff
     To: diy efi [MCI:diy efi \ EMS: INTERNET \ MBX:
diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu]
Subject:  Re: hego

MCI Mail date/time: Mon Aug 12, 1996 12:10 pm  CDT
  Source date/time: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 12:18:08 -0400
-------------------

>Put one(HEGO) after a turbo or at the collector of a header
> and you will likely have problems at idle and low rpm light load >running.

I believe most factory turbo setups have the HEGO downstream of the
turbine. I've owned two cars like this(Chrysler 2.2 and Mitsu 2.0), and
they worked fine. Of course, BOTH of them had O2 sensor recalls that
consisted of merely replacing the sensors(as opposed to relocating
them). I still don't know why they were recalled, and I couldn't tell
any difference in closed loop performance after the change.

Anyone else seen factory setups with the HEGOs upstream of the turbine?

--
Ed Hernandez
Ford Motor Company
ehernan3 at ed8719.pto.ford.com