pressure measurements with piezoelectric transducer

Jerry Wills jwills at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 14 16:56:49 GMT 1996

	 I was rereading SAE 820749, a valve events paper.
For the P-V (Pressure/Volume) measurements a piezo trans-
ducer was mounted in the combustion chamber, I suspect in the
head somewhere. I have an aircooled motorcycle, that I could
bore a hole in the head, without worry of leaks.

Pressure info would be as good, or better than a dyno, to tune
and check mods to an EFI, as well as the motor, wouldn't it?

Are the transducers prohibitively expense, short lived, weird
calibration. What are the problems in dealing with these, or
are like lambda sensors, for us DIY'ers?

			Jerry Wills
I'll have enough POWER when I can spin the tires at the end of the straight!
89 FJ DERSLYR,           DoD#500 KotF(Flag)       Mark Donahue, about 917's
USC/Information Sciences Institute  (USC/ISI)  SoCal (310) 822-1511 x 236
90's cowboys, ride iron horses, and punch Deer!!!
You done violated Physics, BOY!    Assume the position..... (Rider 5/92)