Importing a rover (engine!!)

Michael T. Kasimirsky mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 14 18:04:41 GMT 1996

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Peter Shoebridge wrote:

> As for importing into the US, the EPA has something to say about this. =
> However if you strip the engine and import in pieces that seems to =
> satify them (I think!!).

Correct.  Import it in pieces and declare it as "spare parts" for
customs.  Only parts with VIN numbers are a problem.  I've read of
several 2-stroke motorcycles being imported into the USA this way (FYI,
all new two strokes are illegal in the US because of emissions laws).

However, I've never done it, so this is probably worth what you paid for
it.  :-)

Michael T. Kasimirsky       ---->              mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Days:    Staff Engineer                     or mk4u at andrew.cmu.edu
         ASTM Test Monitoring Center		Phi Gamma Delta,
Nights:  1992 Suzuki GSX-R750 Pilot		NRA Life Member, AMA Member
         1991 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit Mechanic	DoD #1848