pressure measurements with piezoelectric transducer

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Thu Aug 15 02:17:52 GMT 1996

> I've used these before in a flame arrestor test facility.  We'd fill a 30
> meter long 12" diameter pipeline with a stoichiometric mixture of propane
> and air and set it off, and test to see if the flame arrestor stopped the
> blast.  It usually did...

Wow, I bet that made a bang just right for 4am ;-)

What's the flame arrestor? I've heard that a fine mesh will stop a flame
front (specifically, a friend had a 13B turbo rotary on propane, but the
gas mixer was before the turbo. It wrecked the engine when 15PSI of
compressed mixture ignited (& it bent the pipe from the turbo to the
manifold.. I'm wondering if some mesh will stop this).

Cheers,
Craig.