speaking of displays & DPM

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Fri Aug 16 00:46:37 GMT 1996

At 10:37 AM 8/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>> A simple and effective indicator for O2 sensor is a DPM (digital
>>> panel meter) from Hosfelt Electronics.  It is $14.95, their part
>>> number 39-165 (the part no. on the data says PM-128).  It uses an
>>> Intersil ICL7106 DMM chip with a fairly standard wiring.  There is
>>> one problem -- they have connected the supply voltage common with
>>> the input common, which can cause ground loop problems

I'd like to install a heads up display in a car. Several years ago I
disected a LCD display and noticed that the silver background could be
easily removed.  To my surprise, the LCD was clear.  Could a lap top
computer LCD be used as a heads up display with the silver background
removed? Does any company market such a device?

Thanks, GMD