speaking of displays & DPM

SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Fri Aug 16 14:48:30 GMT 1996

"George M. Dailey" <gmd at tecinfo.com> Wrote:

| I'd like to install a heads up display in a car. Several years ago I
| disected a LCD display and noticed that the silver background could be
| easily removed.  To my surprise, the LCD was clear.  Could a lap top
| computer LCD be used as a heads up display with the silver background
| removed? Does any company market such a device?
|
| Thanks, GMD

Some cars have HUDs right now.  Pontiac Bonneville comes to mind.  It has
some sort of display (vacuum fluorescent?) embedded flat in the top of the
dash, so that it reflects off the windshield and you can see it.  It might
be hard to mount a laptop LCD in the appropriate place with the raked
windshields that most cars have.

HUD=heads up display

Steve Ravet
sravet at bangate.compaq.com
Baby you're a genius when it comes to cooking up some chili sauce...