Electric vehicle , wrong list for this discussion, but I must

Jerry Wills jwills at ISI.EDU
Fri Aug 16 20:22:59 GMT 1996

Folks,
	One person is already doing some of what you would like.

good acceleration , 0-60 in the 4 sec. range

motors drive all wheels directly

regenerative braking

for long distance a small trailer , just big enough for a stationary gas
generator, which yields 40ish mpg.

the battery technology is the problem at the moment
The car started out as a honda, and still looks like it on the outside,
but not under the hood. The guy name is Alan ?????, our former sunracer
my know his last name and company, or I can find out. He was a consultant
to GM for a while. Email me directly if you must have more info.

My problem with all of the is how many dinosaurs does it take to make the
electricity , that you charge your batteries with, from the power company?
Hell...how much energy does it take to make the solarcells, that are how
efficent?

when the solarcells and batteries and current switches all get alot better
we will be a lot closer, but until then, shall we go back to the explosive
stuff?

			Jerry Wills
I'll have enough POWER when I can spin the tires at the end of the straight!
89 FJ DERSLYR,           DoD#500 KotF(Flag)       Mark Donahue, about 917's
USC/Information Sciences Institute  (USC/ISI)  SoCal (310) 822-1511 x 236
90's cowboys, ride iron horses, and punch Deer!!!
You done violated Physics, BOY!    Assume the position..... (Rider 5/92)