EGO sensors

Darrell Norquay dnorquay at awinc.com
Tue Aug 20 02:49:52 GMT 1996

At 09:29 AM 8/19/96 -0500, Tom Cloud wrote:
>After some research, I have found a few tidbits that might be of interest.
>The 'standard' EGO's output curve is sharply non-linear (like a stair step),
>with the flat part occuring at stoich with about .45 volts output.  Above

Ah, Tom, the flat part occurs at each end of the curve.  The central portion
around .4-.5V is almost vertical.

>The interesting
>point is that the EGO can give useful information above and below stoich.

I've been wondering lately how much sweat it would be to apply some
linearization to the curve, in order to get a more useful output.  The curve
is essentially a stretched "S" shape, the math for this should be a piece of
cake (for someone so inclined).  OK, so you may not get a perfectly linear
curve, but you should be able to get something resembling a straight line
with way wider a/f range than it now has.  Any comments?

regards
dn
dnorquay at awinc.com