ZEV / REV

David Schmidt dschmidt at rain.org
Tue Aug 20 17:18:27 GMT 1996

Reminds me of when I was at Electric car races at Phoenix Internation Raceway
a few years ago.
The Solectria car blew one of its hoses on its bromine battery.  Shut the race
down, driver was hospitalized for several days, track evacuated as a LARGE
bromine
cloud started floating around.  Since they were leading, they
won the race.  Kind of funny, save the environment but possibly kill
everyone on
a city block!
    I used to work at DEMI as a chemist doing ZEV battery development
(zinc air technology).  DEMI is no longer around, don't know if anyone
picked up
the technology.
Dave