EGO Sensors and linearity

Alexander M. Lichstein Alexander.M.Lichstein at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Aug 20 18:33:50 GMT 1996

If you look at the math involved with understanding the output of an O2 sensor,
I can't BELIEVE that you can make a claim that you will be able to determine an
A/F from the output (even with Temp.)  You would need to know the proportions
of exhaust gas components at every temperature (including SPECIES of SOx, NOx
etc.) in order to make that claim.  I am tired of reading this garbage.  Anyone
have any science to back themselves up???

- Z