My DIY EFI

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Wed Aug 21 00:47:15 GMT 1996

My 2 cents on the simple pot based efi system.

There is a lot of talk out there, but has any one actually made one of these
systems?  I have!!.  I first built an 8085 based system in college and used
the idea of controlling the main fuel curve with pots.  I even had a dash
mounted pot for changing overall ignition timing.  Kinda like being able to
turn the distribuator while driving.  So I have the real experience to say
that the simple system using just a few pots will work.  Out of curosity, I
even cloned the system in the analog environment.  It only used a few op
amps and some resistors.  With a little work, I could of made it temperature
stable.  I took the simple system a bit further and am even selling it
retail.  To the people that have used it, they like it.  I have had one on
my own car for over 2 years now.  So I must agree, even though the fancy
networks and programing languages can make for interesting extras, They are
not needed to have a functional EFI system.  Remember the KISS principle.

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at pobox.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromotive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |