Zero Emissions Vehicle (was Electric Veh.)

Darrell Norquay dnorquay at awinc.com
Wed Aug 21 01:10:12 GMT 1996

At 02:44 PM 8/19/96 PDT, John Dammeyer wrote:

>Realistically a different power source is required, like fuel cells using
>hydrogen and oxygen.  As i understand it in Vancouver there is already a
>pilot project under way that uses fuel cells in a few buses.  There are

You're thinking of Ballard Energy? Systems.  Innovative crew.  They have an
OH fuel cell the size of a large suitcase (well, maybe a footlocker) that
puts out about 2KW.  I believe thay sold a couple of the busses that they
built to LA for testing.  Not very cost effective yet, and the fuel cell
system takes up almost 1/3 of the bus volume, but it has promise...

regards
dn
dnorquay at awinc.com