EFI musings

Tony Bryant bryantt at psc.fp.co.nz
Wed Aug 21 20:34:37 GMT 1996

> Don't get me  wrong, I still lust for an EFI on my car, and I am still
> waiting to hear back from the guy who installed the Edelbrock #3500.
> But, in one page or less, what do you need and why not carbs?

In short, I need max power, easy adjustability, drivability, and
to be affordable.

Carbs don't flow as well as throttle bodies
Carbs (for my application) are worth $1500 as opposed to the $300 for
my EFI+Ignition
Carbs either don't flow enough at full flow, or are hopeless at idle.
Carbs aren't adjustable while driving.
Carbs don't provide a ignition, my EFI box does (thereby saving me
US$600 for a HPV-1 or similar).
Carbs don't provide a data logging system, my EFI box does.
Carbs suffer in High-G cornering or acceleration.