Slide Throttles

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Wed Aug 21 23:55:27 GMT 1996

> Wouldn't engine vacuum also have a similar effect as well?

	Yeah, but the turbos have not only vacuum but boost as well and end up
with a 6/1 pressure ratio over the thing on surge.  engine vacuum is
paltry enough, especially on big cammed motors that typically use slide
to not affect it.

> >       Barrel throttles give very strange low flow characteristics, but do
> > have very nice flow at wide open.  They are hard to seal as well.  The
>
> Yeah, but parts are available at the hardware store in the plumbing
> department....  :-)

	Somehow I can't see using PVC on an engine.  And someone previously
yelled at me for mentioning "Radio Shack", huh! This one takes the cake!

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering