EFI musings

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Aug 22 13:35:37 GMT 1996

-> Carbs (for my application) are worth $1500 as opposed to the $300 for
-> my EFI+Ignition

 $300?

 I'm involved with an EFI project right now.  We paid $300 for the
process controller board alone, though it's a pretty fancy piece with
its own operating system and lots of A/D.  $50 for the addressable
prototype board.  $75 for AMP O-ring-sealed bulkhead connectors for the
main harness.  $40 for Weatherpak pigtails for the sensors.  $30 for a
pair of used dual coils.  $45 for a salvage EFI intake which happened to
fit my engine, and it came with injectors, rails, throttle body, TPS,
and idle control solenoid.  I got a fuel pump for free.  We just sent
off a $200 order for injector and coil drivers, power transistors, and
assorted electronic miscellanea.  Managed to find an appropriate MAF for
$5; knock sensor is $35, MAP sensor is $40, MAT and CTS $10 each.  Even
with some killer deals on parts it adds right on up there, and we're not
done yet.

 Sounds like some awfully expensive carbs and astoundingly cheap
electronics.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==