Why not an E.F.Air.I.

Donald Whisnant dewhisna at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 23 21:38:18 GMT 1996

> From: John.Beggs at BCHydro.bc.ca (John W. Beggs)
> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 96 15:46:59 PDT
> Subject: RE: Why not an E.F.Air.I.
>
> >Why not just inject liquid oxygen.
>

> Extremely explosive.  Just look back to the Mercury space disaster.
> John W. Beggs,
> BC Hydro, 6911 Southpoint Dr., Burnaby, BC, V3N 4X8, Canada.
> Voice: (604)528-2776, FAX: (604)528-1883, EMail: john.beggs at bchydro.bc.ca

If you're gonna put liquid oxygen on board, why even use gasoline??
Why not just add a tank of liquid hydrogen on board and have the
most efficient source of power available?? ...  I know, I know
it's explosive -- there are "crash" concerns -- it would be hard
to find a place to refill -- etc. etc...  But really, is it
unpractical??  How about a system that could run on either
gasoline or H2/O2??  Then when the computer senses (via pressure
sensors, etc) that the H2 and O2 tanks are low, it
will switch over to gasoline and natural atmospheric air...
hmmm...  It might be worth playing with sometime -- and as far
as being "explosive", just make sure all the fittings are properly
sealed and that there are no leaks, maybe even put a specially
designed styrofoam support padding around the tanks in case of
a wreck, etc. etc...

Donald Whisnant
dewhisna at ix.netcom.com