speaking of displays & DPM

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at cisco.com
Fri Aug 23 21:36:07 GMT 1996

LCD displays also don't work very well when they are hot.  All the crystals
polarize.  There are a number of LCD video projectors and they have to be
chock full of fans to keep the LCD cool enough to remain useful.

At 19:39 -0500 15/8/96, George M. Dailey wrote:

>I'd like to install a heads up display in a car. Several years ago I
>disected a LCD display and noticed that the silver background could be
>easily removed.  To my surprise, the LCD was clear.  Could a lap top
>computer LCD be used as a heads up display with the silver background
>removed? Does any company market such a device?
>
>Thanks, GMD

| Kenton A. Hoover                                      | shibumi at cisco.com |
| Security, Disasters, Technology -- It's My Job        |                   |
| Engineering Computer Services / cisco Systems, Inc.   |      408 526 5249 |
|       "My baby loves me so hard, and gets me so fatigued                  |
|        Sometimes I think I'll join the Junior Anti-Sex League             |
|        Well, well, well, ooooo                                            |
|        There's just no word in Newspeak for the things that she can do"   |
|                        -- "1984 Blues", Austin Lounge Lizards             |