DIY_EFI Digest V1 #241

Kalle Pihlajasaari kalle at device.data.co.za
Sat Aug 24 00:31:04 GMT 1996

Hi Bob,

>     Now we're getting somewhere, and good point about the u-joint angles,
> btw.  If I had so much as a modicum of artistic talent (ascii or otherwise),
> I'd draw the completely-portable, pins-together, axle-driven dyno now
> rolling around in my head.  I don't, so use your imagination.  Differentials
> attempt to rotate under load, hence the need for traction bars, perhaps some
> means of measuring this action could be converted to HP.

Problem with a hub coupled dyno is that you could very easily get a resonance
to occur in the left to right hum connecting drive train, (you could not
just lock one hub, diffs (especially limited slip) are not meant to run at full slip for that long.

Cheers
Kalle Pihlajasaari     kalle at data.co.za
Interface Products     Box 15775, Doornfontein, 2028, South Africa
+27 (11) 402-7750      Fax: +27 (11) 402-7751