Data Logging

Chris Howard s2184002 at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Aug 26 06:49:02 GMT 1996

At 13:54 26/08/96 +1000, you wrote:
>I have been reading up on the Analog Devices ADXL-05 accelerometer and it
>looks promising. The trouble now is supply. I have been told that major
>car manufacturers have bought up all the stock, and that supply will take
>6 to 8 months.
>Apparently there is also to be a new version called ADXL-76 which is to
>combine the 5g and 50g versions in a DIP package (as opposed to the metal
>can package for the ADXL-05).
>The ADXL-05 is quoted as $35 Australian. This sounds good to me if only I
>can get my hands on one. I think I will try to get one of their evaluation
>modules. Hopefully these will be available.

I tried to get samples of the ADXL-05 in Australia and had no luck. I
instead used some IC Sensors accelerometers which are very nice.

The manufacturer is:

IC Sensors
1701 McCarthy Blvd
Milpitas
California

Phone: (408) 432-1800
Fax: (408) 432-7322

The Australian distributors are:

Duff & Macintosh Pty Ltd
13/45 Leighton Place
Hornsby NSW 2077
Phone (02) 482 1411
Fax (02) 482 1489

Sorry I've lost the data sheet, but they have a large range, some 8mm
square surface mount models other types have all the conditioning and
amplification circuitry built in. The type I used was a PCB mount model
No. 3028-002. Ring Duff and Macintosh, they were really helpful. It only
took about a week for them to get three free samples from the usa in for me
as compared to months for the AD device.

Regards,

Chris Howard
Computer Science
University of New South Wales