Slide Throttles

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Mon Aug 26 16:36:36 GMT 1996

tom cloud wrote:
> Okay, Todd:
>         1 - I didn't yell at you about Radio Shack, sorry you felt like
>             I did.  I buy 'stuff' there too, just thought the newbie
>             ought to be forewarned.

No Problem, I wouldn't have suggested it had I not done it already.

>         2 - What do you call the little round, tubular slides that were
>             in my Triumph and Honda motorcycles ??

They're constant venturi type carbs.  They actually use a typical
butterfly as a throttle plate with these tubular sliding things to
maintain a very high velocity.  As well as the movement of the sliding
part is attached to a tapered needle and seat arrangement that regulates
the fuel flow.
They actually work very well, and are probably one of the best
carburetors I've ever seen.

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering