general questions

Ken Mayer mayerk at haven.ios.com
Mon Dec 2 04:05:09 GMT 1996

Hello all,

I'm new to the list.  I have a 1980 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 that I plan to do
major work on over the next year.  It has a 360 engine, stock cam, 4
speed manual transmission and 4wd.  Right now I still have the factory
Carter TQ carb (4 barrel, spread bore, vacuum secondary), and I'm thinking
about replacing it with a throttle body injector system.  The carb and
ignition are mechanical (no computer). I'm in New Jersey, so I only have
to meet federal emissions.

What's available in the way of a bolt-on system?  I'd like to keep the
factory intake manifold if possible.  Is there such an animal as a spread
bore TBI?  I've heard some bad things about the Holley system, and I
understand it's a square bore body.

Any suggestions as to a complete system or components?  Also information
on suppliers would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ken
:-)