crankshaft/flywheel encoder patterns

Mark Eidson mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com
Tue Dec 3 15:25:10 GMT 1996

This is the same approach I have come up with but I'm only in the thought
process.  Are you going to sequence your counters so that each cylinder will
have a programmable injection timing?  This will also work for ignition.  I
thought a phase locked loop running at a higher frequency would give more
accuracy than 1 degree of cam rotation but can't figure out an easy to get
the dynamic range required.  me
* Mark Eidson                        Voice: (602)752-6513                 *
* Staff Design Engineer                Fax: (602)752-6000                 *
* Manager System Integration and                                          *
*   Verification                    E-Mail:  mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com   *
* VLSI Technology, Inc.                                                   *
* 8375 South River Parkway                                                *
* M/S 265                                                                 *
* Tempe, Arizona     85284                                                *