general questions

John Faubion jfaubion at beaches.net
Wed Dec 4 22:17:09 GMT 1996

> What's available in the way of a bolt-on system?  I'd like to keep the
> factory intake manifold if possible.  Is there such an animal as a spread
> bore TBI?  I've heard some bad things about the Holley system, and I
> understand it's a square bore body.

Ken you could modify a spread bore carb for use with your system. I'm in
the process of building a port injected 427 Chevrolet. I used the body and
throttle plate from a Holley carb. I modified the linkage to open both sets
of plates and mounted a TPS on the end of the shaft. I also drilled the
ports on an aftermarket manifold to accept the injectors. I still have a
few things left to do but things seem to be coming together fast.

John Faubion
jfaubion at beaches.net