rev limiter?

M HILL EAXMJHI at ean2.mecheng.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Dec 5 09:18:52 GMT 1996

> From:           "Frank/G.speed" <fmlin at ccnet3.ccnet.com>
> Subject:        rev limiter?
> To:             diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Date sent:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 00:17:58 -0800 (PST)
> Send reply to:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu

> Can someone describe some common types of rev limiters common in
> use?  I'd like to know how they work...
>

> --
> Frank M. Lin       | G.speed - Z.Speed Trust HKS DC-Sports Razo/Carmate Soei
> fmlin at ccnet.com    | Web page - http://www.winternet.com/~fmlin/gspeed.html
> EG2, 15.3 @ 91 MPH | Info sheet - "finger fmlin at ccnet.com > gspeed.info"
> u ssim I enirehtaC | Wanna try road racing with your car? http://am.net/nasa

The ways that I know of doing this are as follows:

Changing ignition timing to reduce power output.
Cutting ignition or fuelling to some cylinders. Increasing the number
of cylinders cut until revs drop suitably.

Cutting all ignition and or fuelling at certain revs.  Not too
brilliant as this is very abrupt.  Not smooth like the above methods.

Martin