EFI for 225 slant 6

Mike Olsson Mike.Olsson at eu.pnu.com
Thu Dec 5 10:58:21 GMT 1996

     I'm new at this mailing list, so I figure I should try it out and see
     where it gets me.

     I have a nice 225 slant 6 ( \6 ) currently sporting a 2-port 32/36
     DGAV Weber which I bought from Clifford performance a couple of years
     ago. It works OK which means that I've gotten a little bit more power
     and torque without sacrificing mileage. I still feel though, that
     mileage could be better. EFI has obviously made wonders with some
     American built engines that are as old or older than the \6; so why
     not? I contacted Mopar Performance a couple of years ago and they have
     considered upgrading the \6 and made some testings with various
     systems of which they named Haltech (and one more that I don't
     recall). Haltech offered a system, but due to the expense I really
     would like to have some feedback before I go ahead and buy something.
     Also it could be difficult to find spare parts in a hurry here in
     Sweden.

     Now I have this idea of modifying an excisting system that can be
     found over here used or new. Maybe the Jeep inline 4.0 system would
     work?

     Does anyone of you guys out there know of a successful installation of
     EFI in a \6??

     Please give me tips and advice on how to proceed, because I really
     want to do this,

     Thanks,

     Mike Olsson