needed , Info about upgrades to mopar/chrysler oem EFI sytems

james r. mincey jrm261 at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 5 14:50:43 GMT 1996

I am considering an engine upgrade in my 1995 dodge ram pickup.
currently the truck has a 230hp 360ci engine and I would like to purchase a 380hp 360ci
from mopar performance. The new engine was tested for hp using a 750cfm holley carb. I
would like to upgrade my existing EFI system to match the operating paremeters and
benifits of the holley carb. I plan to replace the oem engine computer with the the high
performance version offered by mopar performance. Now some question..
1.) Is the two barrell oem throttle plate large enough to flow 750cfm or will i have to
replace it with a four barrell version ?. If replacement is needed where can I get this
part? Will this part work with the engine computer and wiring harnass.
2.) are the Oem fuel injectors adequate or should they be replaced and with what ?.
3.) would increasing the fuel pressure help instead of replacing the injectors.
4.) Information on any recomended reference manuals that help shed some light on this
matter.     note (planning to use stock ignition and connections.)

The techs at mopar performance seem to be reluctant to give out much information so I
would be extremely grateful for any received from any one reading this. It would
probably be easiest if I could recieve any replies at my mail box
(jrm261 at worldnet.att.net).

                                       thanks in advance
                                               jr mincey