Weird problem

Gregory Chan gchan at compserv.senecac.on.ca
Fri Dec 13 13:46:58 GMT 1996

> Greg,
> 	So what seems to be the relationship between 5th gear and the engine
> revving up.  Almost sounds like a speed limiter to me.
> 	Just out of curiosity, what's your speed at 7500 in 4th versus 6000 in
> 5th, can you go faster in 4th than 5th?

At 7500 rpm in 4th I would be doing around 115 mph. At 6000 in 5th about 120
mph.
> 	When in 4th gear does the thing have good power all the way to 7500, or
> does it significantly fall off?

The thing has good power all the way through the gears until I get to
6000 rpm in 5th where it just stays at around 120 mph.

> 	Any other changes, trans, tire, something else that may have affected
> it?

The only thing I changed was the muffler. From a Supertrapp glasspack
to a Dynomax Super Turbo. I have the same tranny, wheel/tire
combination and the same fuel injection system. I now have more power
so I should be able to get up to the same top speed at least.

gchan at compserv.seneca.on.ca