Tapered intakes, port velocities etc.

Peter Juergens PiJay at t-online.de
Thu Dec 19 23:44:00 GMT 1996

Hi Todd and Fred,

for shure a thanx from me too, but for a poor german it takes a bit more time
to get through the stuff.

Todd, you typed 45min only!! Are you working as secretary ? :-)

snip
> I for one was curious about a few peoples insight on his port velocity
> recommendations, they seem way too high compared to the Porsche port
> sizes and what we've found to work.snap

Well, don't know the Porsches port-velocity, but I could add here the thumb
rule that i think some prewar NSU guys figured out. They found that 100m/s or
for you unmetrics 300feet/s is a good one to work with.
And i could bet the porsches are not dar away from this.

The article is very interesting for me, because after Xmas i alter my
Triumphs head. (EFI afterwards)

--
BFN   Pete          _____                            1962 TR4 daily
        -- -  -    / <>  \   __, at _\____              Peter Juergens
          - ---    '--0--'~~'--0-----0->             PiJay at t-online.de
    !! Only the one with the fastest toy wins !!     Dortmund/Germany