Flywheel/Encoder patterns

Jonathan Barnes jonathan at farncombe.win-uk.net
Sun Dec 22 11:43:00 GMT 1996

>From: Mazda Ebrahimi <kleenair at ix.netcom.com>
>Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 05:49:17 -0500
>Subject: Re: Flywheel/Encoder patterns
>
>I think we determined that the most
>accurate spark system would be driven by the crankshaft pick-up sensor,
>with a TDC#1 reference from the camshaft sensor.  In the interest of
>reducing sensor count,

>I think by going to a waste spark system and gang fire injector firing
>during the first few engine rotations, we can compare the ionization
>currents between the two sparks for each cycle of each cylinder and
>determine which one represents the top of the compression stroke.

You seem to be trying to *reduce* ? your sensor count by substituting two
ionization sensors and some trick comparison curcitry for a simple
magnetic sensor. This dose not make sense to me can you please explain the
system.

Jonathan.   | Barnes's Theorum:  For every foolproof device |
            | there exists a fool greater than the proof    |