Flywheel/Encoder patterns

Bruno! b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au
Mon Dec 23 11:43:56 GMT 1996

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Mazda Ebrahimi wrote:

> Jonathan Barnes wrote:

[snippity-snip]

> I think someone already makes a single chip ignition coil driver chip with a feedback
> signal to the processor, so the electronic component count is no higher than before
> (maybe a little more expensive).  Also, generally speaking, in production, one would
> almost always rather eliminate a sensor without sacrificing performance by just writing
> more software code.  You pay for code development once, but you pay for the sensor for
> every engine.  I'll try to look for the paper I read regarding the ignition driver
> circuit and post it here if I find it.

There are a few kits here in oz featured in Silicon Chip (electronics
magazine) that uses an MC3334P ignition chip by Motorola. The most
complex part of the circuitry is the input conditioning, and the output
drives a power darlington. The kit itself is actually quite simple, and
to adapt this to a microprocessor based system IMHO, would not be that
hard. The chip in australia is about 7 bux, which would probably mean
it's about 10 cents in the states :)

		Bruno.  (b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au)

	Smile. It makes people wonder what you are thinking about.