Accel vs Edelbrock

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Tue Dec 24 16:36:17 GMT 1996

  <<<
  From: cabiness at lucent.com (Kenton Cabiness)
  Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 09:55:51 +0600
  Subject: SB Chevy retrofit, Accel vs. Edelbrock?
  Any other options that I'm missing (time to develop is a concern)?

  If one of these systems offers some sort of useful diagnostic data output then
  that's the one to go with... you'll need it for development and race tuning.
  It's real easy to claim "more torque" for an off the shelf system. From what
  I've seen some of the Arizona Speed and Marine setups were more torquey on the
  SBC. But then for your race hardware you know where you really want that
  powerband, right? More than likely not where an off the shelf, one size fits
  all system has placed it... besides, you'd probably benefit from a broad
  powerband in autocross vs a peaky one, no?
  Do they both offer closed loop operation? Don't forget you'll need the rest of
  the support stuff too, like harness, regulator, pump, filter, lines, fuel
  rail, right size injectors, etc. Don't let the laptop requirement scare you
  away; you'll probably be glad you bought one (a cheap 486) eventually. Just my
  $0.02.

  Todd  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com