Microchip Microcontrollers

David Kraft dkraft at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 27 04:44:09 GMT 1996

Carl Haas wrote:

> After looking through a databook, the Microchip PIC16C74 seems well
> suited for an EFI applcation.  Has anyone played around with this Micro?
> What did you think?
>
> I may use it this winter for EFI/Ignition duties on my motorcycle and
> would appriciate any input on this device.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl Haas
I'm sure it would work well into the summer as well, I believe the
device comes in an "industrial" high heat version. ;)

It is actually QUITE suited, however my experience has led me to use the
16F84, which is in-system programmable. I do most debugging in system,
without the $1K invested in the debugger.
There are some very capable MAXIM A/D converters which are easily three
wire connected and programmed.