Bosch Mono-Jetronic

David Doddek pantera at dris.com
Thu Feb 1 04:13:00 GMT 1996

>At 05:09 PM 1/31/96 GMT+0200, you wrote:
>
>>I recently started looking at the FI system in my wife's Fiat Uno again,
>>after it developed a flat spot on accellerating.
>>
>>The system consists of a single injector in the throttle body, an inlet air
>>temp sensor, a throttle position sensor, a servo to control the throttle at
>>idle (idle speed), a water temp sensor and a lambda sensor. And engine rpm
>>info is sent to the system from the ignition computer.

Jim responds

> What .. NO MAP sensor .. and no AIR FLOW or AIRMASS sensor???
>
> are you SURE???

It is possible to run an engine with no device at all to measure the
airflow.  This is how the holley projection works.  It is simple.  You
simply measure the throttle angle and rpm and reference a map.  However this
map must be very accurate.  It is quite commonly done on engines with little
vaccume like morotcycles and highly cammed race cars.

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at dris.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromitive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |